When Volcano Bay opened I wrote up a blog post on visiting Volcano Bay, the newest theme park at Universal Orlando Resort. I tried to make it as complete as possible, but then I started getting emails asking what people can and cannot take into Volcano Bay, and what people should wear to Volcano Bay. So here you go!
What You Can Take into Volcano Bay Orlando
- Store-bought water bottles and your own refillable water bottles (non-glass)
- The refillable cups from other Universal Orlando parks
- Pre-packaged food
- Cameras (but you can’t take them on rides/slides other than the lazy river)
- Beach bags
- Party decorations (if you rented a cabana)
What You Cannot Take into Volcano Bay Orlando
- Non-pre-packaged food, unless you have a food allergy
- Coolers, unless you are packing food because of a food allergy, in which case soft-sided coolers are allowed
- Inflatable rafts or tubes, pool noodles, etc…
- Glass anything
- Water guns
- Life vests – no need, since they’re provided throughout the park
- Party decorations (unless you rented a cabana)
- Portable speakers
- Your own beach umbrella or beach chair
What You Should Wear for Volcano Bay Orlando (the Volcano Bay Dress Code)
- Flip-flops – you need to remove your shoes for all rides.
- Proper swim attire – it’s required for all rides at Volcano Bay Orlando.
- Water shirts/rash guards to protect you from the sun, although you’ll need to remove them for the trap door slides.
- Glasses and sunglasses – as long as they’re not considered loose items, you can wear them on rides. You may need to remove them for the trap door slides.
- A hat if you want it. You may want to hold onto it on rides/slides though.
What Else You Should Bring to Volcano Bay Orlando
- A book – most rides have waits, so bring a book and relax at the beach while you’re waiting (after getting in the virtual queues with your TapuTapu)
- Towels – if you want to avoid renting them
Do you have questions about something that’s not on this list? Please ask below! I’ll go back to Universal Orlando for an official answer and then update this post accordingly.
To Book the Closest Hotels to Volcano Bay: Aventura Hotel | Cabana Bay | Loews Sapphire Falls | Loews Royal Pacific
I personally like Sapphire Falls the best, as it has a ferry to the other parks and is easily walkable to Volcano Bay, and my kids love the pool.
To Look for Flights: Kayak