Hello and welcome to Travel Babbo! I’ve added a lot of content to this website over the past few years. If you’re not sure where to start, here are some ideas.
If you want to know how to start a travel blog
If you want to improve your photography
- My tips on travel photography are HERE.
- I highly recommend taking a photo workshop or expedition. I describe them in THIS POST.
- A ranking of the top photo trips I’ve done is HERE.
- I talk about my camera gear HERE.
If you need travel ideas
I want this site to be all about travel inspiration. Sure you may have found my Volcano Bay post if you Googled “Volcano Bay”, but I want to show you places that you probably haven’t thought about taking your kids, and inspire you to book a trip somewhere new.
My Top Spots pages are lists of everything we love in the world, broken down by continent.
Our favorite places in the world that we return to over and over with our kids are:
Other places that are really kid-friendly that should be on your list:
- Antarctica (seriously)
- Chile (Patagonia and the Atacama Desert)
- Costa Rica
- The Faroe Islands
- The Galapagos
- Greenland (before everyone else goes)
- Kenya and Tanzania (on safari)
- The Maldives
- Palawan, Philippines
If you have questions about how to make travel less expensive
- I talk about how to make family travel affordable HERE.
- My tips on how to save money while traveling are HERE and HERE.
- I write about maximizing your frequent flier miles HERE.
If you want tips on how to travel better
- My #1 Tip For Family Travel
- Our Ten Rules of Family Travel
- My Pre-Travel Checklist
- Tips for Jet Lag
- The Best Age to Travel Everywhere
- How to Survive the Airport
- Tips For Traveling to Europe for the First Time with Your Kids
- How to Have the World’s Great Sites to Yourself
- Tips for Peak Season Travel
- Flying with Kids – Tips
- Don’t Get Vacation Henna!
If you want to read what’s popular
My top fifteen most viewed posts (in order) are:
- Japan: Kyoto to Hiroshima, a Ten Day Journey
- Volcano Bay at Universal Orlando Resort: What You Need to Know
- The Best Age to Travel Everywhere
- The Hotel That Made Us Skip Disney World
- What Can I Take Into Volcano Bay?
- Why We Prefer Universal Orlando to Disney World
- The Top Places to Visit in Burma / Myanmar
- 10 Cities That Should Be On Everyone’s Bucket List
- The LEGO Inside Tour – The Best 3 Days Ever for a 7-Year-Old
- A Disney Cruise Review – Disney Magic
- Three Weeks on the Greek Island of Naxos (with Kids)
- Traveling Deeper in Montreal with AFAR
- Ten Amazing Things to Do with Kids Around the World
- Ten Incredible Places to Visit in India
- Bora Bora with Kids
If you want to know more about me
- I’ve done a lot of interviews. Links are on my About Me page.
- I talk about my annual one-on-one trips with the kids HERE.
- Why was getting robbed in Spain the best thing to happen to me? Read THIS.
Disclaimer / Disclosure
You’re reading this website of your own free will. Anything you do or book based on my content is your choice and at your risk. Nothing here is to be considered medical, professional or legal advice. It’s entertainment.
Everything on this site is based on my personal travel experiences. I don’t allow guest posts or outside/sponsored content. I try really hard to make sure everything is accurate as I’m writing, and I try to keep posts updated, but things change: prices go up; places close; opening hours change; hotels change their policies. Please don’t book a trip based solely on anything you find on this site! If I did an activity two years ago, there’s no guarantee it’s still taking place.
If you find anything on this website that isn’t accurate, please let me know and I’ll fix it immediately!
We paid for the vast majority of trips, tours, activities and hotels mentioned in the blog. When I do accept free travel or a media rate, it is done without any expectation of positive coverage on the part of the sponsoring organization. I’m honest about everything. If my family loves a destination, hotel or activity, I’ll tell you why. But that’s NOT a guarantee that your family will love it too! Every family is different.
If you see advertising here, I’m not responsible for those companies, anything they do, or any information they provide. If you click through and something goes wrong, that’s between you and them.
I may have affiliate links in my posts. That means that if you click through and book or purchase, I’ll make a few dollars. That doesn’t increase your costs at all. I never recommend anything because I could make money from it. That’s not fair to you. But if a company wants to pay me simply because you book through its site, I’ll take the money.
All content here is by me, Eric Stoen. It’s my family travel blog. The articles are mine and the photos are mine. It’s all copyrighted. Please don’t repost anything elsewhere without asking me first.