Travel Babbo – Adventurous Family Travel
I launched Travel Babbo in 2014 with the purpose of inspiring others to travel with their children to crazy, unique places. As part of that I provide recommendations and guidance on destinations, hotels, tours, activities and guides, based on first-hand experience. If our kids haven’t loved something, I won’t recommend it to others.
Why Work with Travel Babbo?
I’m one of the top family travel experts in the world. I’ve traveled with my kids to all seven continents and over 60 countries. We’ve stayed at remote lodges, boutique hotels and large resorts. We’ve taken cruises, traveled independently and joined group trips. We’ve flown over 800,000 miles – on the world’s most basic low-cost carriers, in several of the best Business Classes, and on everything in-between. We’ve traveled around the world in two weeks but also spent a month at a Tuscan villa. My kids are all dual US/European citizens.
Forbes named me the World’s 4th Most Influential Traveler (I’m the only family traveler on their list) and Fodor’s named me the World’s Best Family Traveler. I’ve been quoted in the New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Real Simple and Men’s Journal, among others.
High Quality Photography and Writing
I’ve won Conde Nast Traveler’s Photo of the Year award, and my photos have appeared in Conde Nast Traveler, Bon Appetit and Holidays with Kids, in addition to numerous online publications.
I’ve won gold awards for family travel writing two years in a row from the North American Travel Journalists Association, and won four 2021 Muster Awards from the Society of American Travel Writers.
I don’t allow guest posts on my website, I don’t write about places we haven’t been, products we don’t use or companies we haven’t traveled with, and I don’t have advertising. If I’m writing about you, your competition won’t appear in an ad in the same post or anywhere else in my site. I’m happy to sign exclusivity agreements.
I have a business background, and I look at my partnerships from that perspective. It only makes sense for you to partner with me if I can deliver a positive ROI. I’ll go above and beyond to generate as much business for you as possible.
I don’t focus on my personality, or that of my kids, since I want people to notice the destination and not us. A good post should make people picture themselves at your destination. A photo of a smiling family up close, or a child eating ice cream without context, doesn’t do that. I also travel very little without my kids. I’m pure family travel. My kids are only around 18 or so years before they head off to college and I want to spend that time with them.
I’ve maintained a $1 million Media E&O policy, including Multimedia Liability, through Lloyd’s of London since 2018. I’ve never had a claim. My current policy goes through 2022.
Recent comments about my website:
- “We’ve followed your recs on several trips and you haven’t steered us wrong thus far! You are one of the few travel bloggers that manages to maintain true authenticity in what you share. Thanks for keeping us inspired!”
- “For our Eid break we decided to travel to Morocco using Plan-it-Morocco per your recommendation and had an amazing time!”
- “I just wanted to write to say there are so many travel websites/blogs in general, and also with kids, but your website is just the best. Your photography is simply stunning, and I appreciate your concise posts and genuine opinions. Thank you for the inspiration. We are hoping to travel deeper in China this coming March, thanks in part to your post on smaller towns in China. Cheers!”
- “Your posts about Naxos convinced my friend and I to travel there, and it was by far our favorite place in Greece, so thank you!!!”
- “This (Peninsula Bangkok) was the best hotel. We went based on your recommendation and it was so special.”
- “Based on your recommendations we are off to Turkey for spring break, staying at Argos and Ciragan Palace.”
- “Your blog is the most honest family travel blog I have seen to date.”
- “Ok, you convinced me! I just booked the Broadmoor!”
- “Your trip post inspired our upcoming family trip to the Atacama. Can’t wait!”
- “Per your recommendation we are staying at Six Senses Laamu. Last year, we followed your suggestion and went to Six Senses Zighy Bay. Really loved the experience of arriving by paraglider. Thank you.”
- “Your recommendations work for adults as well. You’ve never steered us wrong.”
- “You inspired us to book our upcoming trip to Easter Island this June with a 4 and 8 year old!”
- “We stayed at Albergo del Senato in Rome that you suggested and it’s our all time favorite hotel! Thanks!”
- “This photo inspired our summer vacation – thanks! Amazing views, amazing place!”
- “We were struggling to decide what safari to book when I stumbled upon your writings. Choice made. I am so excited. Keep on writing and inspiring! Thanks.”
- “I just booked Cler Hotel for next month after seeing the photo you posted on TripAdvisor. Traveling with my daughter, will be spending 3 nights there! So excited!”
- “We decided to visit Miniloc Island with our children based on your article, it was our favorite place yet.”
- “You’re like a more legit version of the Bucket List Family!”
- “You definitely inspire me!!! I am really glad that i found your blog….since finding it, when i think of a destination for vacation, the first thing that I do is check your blog to see your thoughts on it.”
- “Thank you for so many useful suggestions! We are incorporating some of your experiences into our grandson’s 10th birthday trip in February to Kenya, Dubai, Oman and London. He is most excited about the paragliding into Six Senses Zighy Bay.”
And comments from PR professionals:
- “We LOVE your content from the campaign, and so does the client.”
- “Thanks so much for a fantastic partnership!”
- “I think you may be my favorite person ever!!!”
- “You are my least difficult influencer!”
- “We’re super happy with the work. Thanks for being so easy to work with!”
- ‘Thank you so much for the quick turnaround! The client loved the blog post and social posts”
- Travel and product campaigns with blog and social promotion
- Trip sponsorships
- Professional photography
- Brand representative / ambassador for products and destinations that I’m passionate about
Brands I’ve partnered with as a Travel Influencer include: Adero; Ancestry; Blundstone; Book Depository UK; Briggs & Riley; Capital One; Celebrity Cruises; Cinnamon Hotels; Discover Vail; Discovery Channel; DK Guides; Dollar; Ecolab; Emilia-Romagna Tourism; Enterprise; FIFA; GoDaddy; Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association; InterContinental Hotels; Japan National Tourism Organization; Kammok; L.L. Bean; Loews Hotels; Lonely Planet Kids; Lutron; MasterCard; Mauritius Tourism; MiiR; Nature Valley; Nite-Ize; Norton; OluKai; Oroweat; Panasonic; Plae; Qatar Airways; Ritz-Carlton; Rosetta Stone; Swissôtel; Thomson Family Adventures; Tourism Authority of Thailand; Travelocity; Travel Manitoba; Travel Texas; Travel Wisconsin; Trello; TripAdvisor; Universal Orlando; Vail Resorts; Visit Greenland; Visit Mammoth; Visit Montana; Visit Trentino; Visit Utah; Westin; Wyndham Rewards; and Zappos.